Monday, June 10, 2013

Here you are:

Hi there. I was outside the other day, and while fiddling with the camera discovered long-exposure photography:

Long-exposure photography or time-exposure photography involves using a long-duration shutter speed to sharply capture the stationary elements of images while blurring, smearing, or obscuring the moving elements. The paths of moving light sources become clearly visible.

Mind you, I have no idea how to actually take a real long exposure picture. The closest I've come to is some simple images like this:



And practicing resulted in these:




As you can tell, I'm not very good. Here is what long exposure truly should look like:

This was a 45 MINUTE exposure (which I have yet to figure out how to do honestly.)
This next image (taken by yours truly) was roughly a 30 SECOND exposure:

Now according to the definition of long exposure photography, it states that moving lights would become clearly visible. Which it does in the star image. And in the above image, my flash reflected off my mirror from down the hall, and it appeared in the image. A lot of long exposure photography is taken of sparklers, amusement park rides, and traffic. All of which I hope to do this summer. My parents picked up sparklers a couple of weeks back for my little brothers, but I might take a couple ;) 

Well, one last final image for you guys:

Till tomorrow
C

No comments:

Post a Comment